Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Fall inspired floral arrangements

I missed out on practically all my favorite things this fall thanks to a horrific allergy to ragweed (seriously, turning 30 really is a turning point in your life - my metabolism hit a wall and all of a sudden I had these allergies that really throw me for a loop once or twice a year).  The change in season from summer to fall is something that I practically race toward come mid-August (I start putting up my fall / Halloween decorations once September 1st arrives), but this year I was very distracted with my own wedding details and planning (my husband and I got married in late September), and then once the wedding was over, I got sick. I could barely go outside thanks to the ragweed, so I spent pretty much all of October closed up in my house, staring sadly out the windows at the yellow and orange leaves blowing across my patio. But then I started helping with the planning and designing of a wedding (that's happening this weekend!) and one of my projects has been the floral arrangements for the reception. And actually, the bride's mom has asked for the arrangements early so that they can have them on the table at Thanksgiving dinner. I found a lot of inspiration online thanks to Martha Stewart, Country Living, and Better Homes and Gardens and wanted to share a few of my favorites. I'll plan to post what I whip up for the wedding sometime this weekend.









No comments:

Post a Comment